• Dec 18, 2018, 11:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gran Turismo 6 help  (Read 4284 times)

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
  • One day midgets will rule the world!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gran Turismo 6 help
« on: Dec 07, 2013, 11:10 am »

Are you stuck or do you have a problem with the game that you cant work out?

Post what the problem is and we hope to have it answered quickly for you. :)
PSN:- Stiggypoohs
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

teal

• Racing Legend
  • It's a Trap
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gran Turismo 6 help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2013, 11:36 am »

I am having a real problem with GT6.     I Don't have it yet.  We will see if I get it as a Christmas gift.  If not, I'll have to turn in some cans or something.

I Don't do Windows

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2013, 12:25 pm »

I'm just having a problem finding time this weekend to play it, doing a TEFL course Fri/Sat/Sun, so annoying that the 2 things have landed together.

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2013, 01:07 pm »

I'm just having a problem finding time this weekend to play it, doing a TEFL course Fri/Sat/Sun, so annoying that the 2 things have landed together.

You found enough time to beat my times on the National B test! hahaha. I think it was that one. Where you win the kart and the car.
I put racing tires on the Vitz by mistake. Hahah, that was pretty funny. I'm redoing everything I did last night under my old name. I figured that was easier than re-adding everyone on the new one.
The cars in the first sets of races aren't the same ones I was meeting last night, not all of them anyway.

As for Teal, I sent a letter to Santa and signed your name. Hope that's OK. You do have a chimney, don't you?
Age before beauty.

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:13 pm »

I can see a lot of people moaning soon :(

The licences are pretty easyish I would say... Apart from the last one in the International A that opens up the Super Licences races!

1 lap of the Ascari race track in a Bugatti Veyron on Sports hard tyres without leaving the track at all, you've got zero control over 100mph and that's with TC up to 7.

People with a wheel have a better chance, those who have the normal PS3 handsets are probably doomed.

Oh and here's a tip on a seriously good race car that will kill the field, try a Toyota Minolta or a Ferrari FXX '07.
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:21 pm »

That Veyron on the last license is killing me, and I'm on the DS3.  I'm still three seconds off the bronze.  Car is impossible to drive, so I quit trying.  Now I'm going after all the stars on the earlier races and when I absolutely have to, THEN I'll go back to that stupid Veyron.

JK83

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:46 am »

I do always on new tracks couple first trys driving line on just for learn track.

After I'v learned track I turn driving line off since it isn't best line usualy.
Then Just manual transmission to get smoothly with big gear.
TC always 0 to get good launch speed from tight corners nicely sliding.

I got 2 last tests to gold from S licence (They are silver now but those aren't realy hard)

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:05 am »

Well I've just done a 2min 17sec lap using a DS3 handset... Sod the gold trophy for it and I was shocked about the super licences... Seriously shocked!!!

Was expecting 6-9hr races with a few 24hr jobs.... Nope!
8 laps here, 20min race there... Really disappointed now with the game that much, I turned it off!! :(

I think the actual game now needs expanding but not in cars or tracks but actual race times, yes the 24hr and 9hr endurance races weren't tough, more tedious but the whole challenge was a triumph IF you actually done it without cheating.
Now I've got this far in the game I'm quite convinced Polyphony have yet again released GT6 the same way as GT5 was launched... Hurriedly pushed through to crack the Christmas wish list then PD started to concentrate on special events each week.

All in all the cars, tracks, scenery and theme layout I'd give a strong 8.5/10 but the race lengths in the final licence stage are knocking it down a poorly 1.5 from being perfect.

brmilltduk

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2013, 01:30 pm »

My suggestion to get the gold in Veyron challenge is setting up TCS to 3, and transmission to automatic. I'm on DFGT, but maybe that helps you guys on DS3...

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Special Licence tips
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:06 pm »

Little tip for all those that haven't completed the special licenses as of yet on GT6

The 3 cars I used to do the whole Special licence stage was a Ferrari FXX  , a McLaren F1 GTR-BMW and lastly a Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 all tuned to the mandatory PP limit.
If it asks what tyres you need DO NOT pick HARD as you'll have no grip, I chose the medium compound above it as it gave me cornering speed but I did lose tyre length duration so, with a tuned car that equalled out duration with a boost of top speed.

Now some of those races I won by a country mile, even lapping 2nd place .... In the wet! ..... How? .... By not putting on wet tyres, yes the car was a little skittish but easy acceleration and it was a doddle. I also noticed the fuel consumption so done a bit of maths:-

24 mins was around 4 laps at Nurburgring, come in on lap 3 NOT 2.
10 laps around spa come in on lap 4 and 8.
Willow springs was a bugger but the FXX your racing against will come in on lap 6 and 8.

I will try and remember what else I worked out (pit stop) for all the races in this event.

I completed the whole special licence in a few hours, it was good but lacked the 9 and 24hr races.

Outeke

• Elite Driver
  • GT5 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Dead
    • Awards
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Special Licence tips
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:54 pm »

Little tip for all those that haven't completed the special licenses as of yet on GT6

The 3 cars I used to do the whole Special licence stage was a Ferrari FXX  , a McLaren F1 GTR-BMW and lastly a Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 all tuned to the mandatory PP limit.
If it asks what tyres you need DO NOT pick HARD as you'll have no grip, I chose the medium compound above it as it gave me cornering speed but I did lose tyre length duration so, with a tuned car that equalled out duration with a boost of top speed.

Now some of those races I won by a country mile, even lapping 2nd place .... In the wet! ..... How? .... By not putting on wet tyres, yes the car was a little skittish but easy acceleration and it was a doddle. I also noticed the fuel consumption so done a bit of maths:-

24 mins was around 4 laps at Nurburgring, come in on lap 3 NOT 2.
10 laps around spa come in on lap 4 and 8.
Willow springs was a bugger but the FXX your racing against will come in on lap 6 and 8.

I will try and remember what else I worked out (pit stop) for all the races in this event.

I completed the whole special licence in a few hours, it was good but lacked the 9 and 24hr races.

If your talking about the Special 20/24minutes races?

Take out your Rocket car, put RH on them and just start.
You do not need to pit....so easy win for all races :)

Note. the 24M Le Mans is the hardest...
I do NOT have a problem driving GT5!
It's just others get in my way around corners!
Aka Stiggy, Po, Lala and Tinkywinky

schlep16

• Road King
  • GT5 addict since 16th of December 2010
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:39 pm »

OMG I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO SMASH MY PS3!
The first bloody mission race on IA. You're the Toms Supra on Suzuka.
I just can't get gold. I just can't. I am like 0.400 off it. On that last corner the stupid AI is perfectly place there and u can't cut inside otherwise you're off the track and you have to start again and you can't go around him otherwise you lose time. Im in a bloody pickle. I have spent 45 mins doing it and i can't. The rest i've golded easily....just not this one.
Can someone PLEASE!! help me :)

EDIT!
I finally beat it!, after around 25 tries i beat it. I figured out just tapping the handbrake made it turn a bit more sharpley

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:08 am »

I have to say you really do need to do a few tweeks to the car settings, some you can win gold with the ASM on, some you've got to turn it off.

I've started the game again :/
But on another account, was doing my head in logging in daily to get the 200% bonus and wait and wait and wait for another seasonal challenge.

brmilltduk

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:33 am »

If your talking about the Special 20/24minutes races?

Take out your Rocket car, put RH on them and just start.
You do not need to pit....so easy win for all races :)

Note. the 24M Le Mans is the hardest...

This is the best tip. Works just fine!  8)

Thanks Outeke!

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help