• Nov 21, 2017, 07:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Road Rage from the Tokyo track, Lambo Seasonal  (Read 3112 times)

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Road Rage from the Tokyo track, Lambo Seasonal
« on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:07 am »

Best I've had is third in this part of the seasonal. Golded all the rest on the first day. My frustration level with the Tokyo event goes up and down. These shots are from when it was up, very up:

Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
Re: Road Rage from the Tokyo track, Lambo Seasonal
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:13 pm »

Still only sitting on a 2nd place by 0.8s ... crazy how tough this one is!   :o

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:59 pm »

Still only sitting on a 2nd place by 0.8s ... crazy how tough this one is!   :o
A couple of posts on GTP seem to infer that there is a trick to it, something unusual. They talk about invisible penalties, stuff like that. You read some posts, whether to believe them or not, that say they got it with 1:47s and others that say 1:45. If the 1:47s are true, then you should have won it by now. Oink's times weren't spectacular. Better than mine but probably no better than yours. Each pack seems different and it's a bit spooky how aggressive the AI can be sometimes, how calm and forgiving they can be others. Some packs let you pass by slowing down, others will actually attack you. There's an answer somewhere but I haven't found it.
Age before beauty.

Jaywalker

• Road King
  • If it's too loud, you're too old...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2013, 12:00 am »

I fianally golded Tokyo last night using this tune from Fruity Cakes. I first tried your approach, Waddy, i.e. pushing as hard as possible, but keeping things clean & not hitting any AI or barriers. The best I could get was a P2, about 1.5 sec behind the lead rabbit. I say 'about' for a reason. I'll explain later.

Anyway, after about 4 of the same results, I decided to throw caution to the wind & just went for it. I used the AI as moving armco barriers & 1 or 2 of the barriers as guide rails. (Esp. the wide 180 deg right hander after the left/right combo after turn 1.) Lo & behold, I noticed I was getting further ahead than the previous races! I kept it up & on lap 5, I resisted the abovementioned 180 deg guide rail' 'cos I was right on the leader. I stayed patient & passed him cleanly in the next left hander. From there on out it was all over. Quite draining, it was!  ;D :o 8)  But EXTREMELY satisfying... lol!

Note 1: I did the race where there are 3 rabbit Miuras. It might be easier if you try the one where there are only 2.

Note 2: I'll explain why I said 'about' 1.5 sec earlier. I bought a brand new car for Fruity's tune. Then, every time I got to lap 5 in P3 or P2, I'd restart the race just before the finish line. This pushes your HP up quite quickly, so it's a good way of 'cheating' the system. When I finally finished, my car was on 553PP.  ???  I didn't feel at all bad, 'cos the rabbits are all over 550PP AND they have half a lap start on you. So...  :P     ;D

P.S. I didn't save the replay, Waddle. I never do, so I'm not in the habit. I could always take a pic of the gold trophy & email it to you though...  ;)

I hope some of this helps. I just was NOT going to let that stupid race get the better of me! I'll do the last 3 at my leisure...   8)

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2013, 06:16 am »

I bought a brand new car for Fruity's tune. Then, every time I got to lap 5 in P3 or P2, I'd restart the race just before the finish line. This pushes your HP up quite quickly, so it's a good way of 'cheating' the system. When I finally finished, my car was on 553PP.  ???  I didn't feel at all bad, 'cos the rabbits are all over 550PP AND they have half a lap start on you. So...  :P     ;D

Congrats on the win! I've yet to re-attempt this as I've been snowed under with decorating, but will try this method of increasing the PP... tbh, PD really need to iron out inconsistencies like this for GT6, and the "dirty oil" PP trick too.

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2013, 07:19 am »

eel at all bad, 'cos the rabbits are all over 550PP AND they have half a lap start on you. So...  :P     ;D

P.S. I didn't save the replay, Waddle. I never do, so I'm not in the habit. I could always take a pic of the gold trophy & email it to you though...  ;)

I hope some of this helps. I just was NOT going to let that stupid race get the better of me! I'll do the last 3 at my leisure...   8)

No no, I didn't mean that I doubted you. All I meant was the I can glean a ton of info from a replay, things like lap times, point times and leader times, stuff like that. I didn't mean to infer that you didn't do it because I know you did. When I was doing the Lambo race on the Ring, I used a guy's video on Youtube to set markers on the course so I'd know if winning was even possible.
As for your car, I got third on it, 7 seconds back. The FC tune you used is one that I used to win at the Ring finally. Dozens and dozens of tries but I finally got it. The strange thing is that I ran one race at Tokyo with it, then the PP was too high so I added about 2KG of ballast. Next race, it showed a PP addition in the money and experience. I backed out and checked it, turns out it was down to 548 PP. From 551 to 548 in one race? Anyway, I'll go back at it today. I would love to win it with a Miura but I'll try the side bash thing too. Maybe the side bash is ok but the rear enders aren't, something like that.
Thanks for the tip!
Age before beauty.

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2013, 07:22 am »

I bought a brand new car for Fruity's tune. Then, every time I got to lap 5 in P3 or P2, I'd restart the race just before the finish line. This pushes your HP up quite quickly, so it's a good way of 'cheating' the system. When I finally finished, my car was on 553PP.  ???  I didn't feel at all bad, 'cos the rabbits are all over 550PP AND they have half a lap start on you. So...  :P     ;D

Congrats on the win! I've yet to re-attempt this as I've been snowed under with decorating, but will try this method of increasing the PP... tbh, PD really need to iron out inconsistencies like this for GT6, and the "dirty oil" PP trick too.

I got a new Gallardo and did the stop/restart trick several times. Didn't seem to make much of a difference because I think there are other things at play here. Anyway, got it up to 552. Don't change the oil when you buy it, of course. I think it goes up bit by bit then crashes so there must be a limit on the number of times you can do it. I explained that above. (551 down to 548 in one race).
Age before beauty.

Jaywalker

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2013, 11:17 pm »

eel at all bad, 'cos the rabbits are all over 550PP AND they have half a lap start on you. So...  :P     ;D

No no, I didn't mean that I doubted you. All I meant was the I can glean a ton of info from a replay, things like lap times, point times and leader times, stuff like that. I didn't mean to infer that you didn't do it because I know you did. When I was doing the Lambo race on the Ring, I used a guy's video on Youtube to set markers on the course so I'd know if winning was even possible.
As for your car, I got third on it, 7 seconds back. The FC tune you used is one that I used to win at the Ring finally. Dozens and dozens of tries but I finally got it. The strange thing is that I ran one race at Tokyo with it, then the PP was too high so I added about 2KG of ballast. Next race, it showed a PP addition in the money and experience. I backed out and checked it, turns out it was down to 548 PP. From 551 to 548 in one race? Anyway, I'll go back at it today. I would love to win it with a Miura but I'll try the side bash thing too. Maybe the side bash is ok but the rear enders aren't, something like that.
Thanks for the tip!

Was just teasing you re the photo.  ;)  I forgot to mention that I used ABS1, SRF on & active steering on high. (Ridiculous!!!) I finished the others with all aids off (except ABS1) last night. A walk in the park compared to Tokyo...

Try putting the tune on a brand new car & running it a few times...

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2013, 06:15 pm »

I've had some very entertaining tries with a Murcielago, the 640. Last try had me P2 .460 seconds back. Couldn't catch P1 on the last straight, it just pulled away. This is with a couple of 1:44 laps, believe it or not. First lap was 1:48 and change. I don't have my full time, forgot to get that, but I was close enough to smell a win. PP was dropping so I had to rebuild the engine and frame so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Yes, it's frustrating but I do love a challenge.  :D
Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2013, 11:52 am »

Following Fruity's tune, my car shows 557PP ...?   :-\

(If I take the rear wing off, it goes to 549PP)

And gearbox ratios don't match fully either.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2013, 12:14 pm »

Nevermind, won it on second attempt (by well over a second) with no wing, so PP only ended up being 551   8)

Screw you PD, you trolling SOB's, there's no way an old Muira can run like that in real life!   >:(

(replay saved, for my own sanity, lmao!)

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:25 pm »

Nevermind, won it on second attempt (by well over a second) with no wing, so PP only ended up being 551   8)

Screw you PD, you trolling SOB's, there's no way an old Muira can run like that in real life!   >:(

(replay saved, for my own sanity, lmao!)
I checked this today and didn't see this. Way to go! I put mine on load so if anyone wants to try it, have a go. I didn't add the FC bits, just used the settings and drove like a maniac. On auto, by the way but with ASM off and ABS at 2, TC 1.
About the Miuras, they are light and very quick. I think I like driving them more than anything else on GT5. Sure, I think PD gave them an advantage but not a big one. I'll try Tokyo with a Miura again. I've had P3 a couple of times with one but now I know the tricks a bit better.  ;D
Age before beauty.

Jaywalker

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2013, 03:27 am »

Good stuff Andy & Waddy for cracking this one! It was a biatch! LOL! I'd be interested to try it again, now that the pressure of a win is gone...

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2013, 04:34 pm »

Good stuff Andy & Waddy for cracking this one! It was a biatch! LOL! I'd be interested to try it again, now that the pressure of a win is gone...
I would do the same. Actually, I wanted to try the 'ring one from months ago, the one where Andy and I met but it's gone now. I guess once they put the new Lambo one on, they deleted the other one. That's a shame because it was a fun one to try, even if it was just as tough as Tokyo.
I have my replay saved so I can rerun it sometime. I took shortcuts but that's the only way I could win.
Age before beauty.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help