• Dec 18, 2017, 10:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
 on: Nov 14, 2016, 11:25 am 
Started by Mike - Last post by Mike
A few boring vids from my most recent trip to Cambodia.

on: May 20, 2015, 03:04 pm 
Friggin cool...fly to space:

http://www.eyesinspace.com/

on: May 12, 2015, 12:15 am 
Started by schlep16 - Last post by schlep16
I have been on this forum for so long.
Since i was about 16.
(I am 20 now)
Curious to see what everyone looks like. I have always wanted to know.
Especially like stiggypoohs and Mike

on: May 12, 2015, 12:11 am 
Started by Mike - Last post by Jaywalker
Awesome! I'd love a go at it. F1 simulator too...

on: May 11, 2015, 12:01 pm 
...and I should add that one of these will run you about $54,000.

on: May 11, 2015, 11:57 am 
The World's Most Dangerous Driving Simulator

The latest, Motion Pro II from Los Angeles-based CXC Simulations, is perhaps the most true-to-life experience yet—as you’d expect from a professional simulator and training tool that starts from US $54,000. At its pulsing heart is a new force feedback steering controller than understands the moves of more than 1,000 cars—classic and modern, street machines or legendary racers of every vintage—and mimics minutia like the brutal forces of the late Ayrton Senna’s F1 McLaren in mid-corner, the feel of tires as they wear, and the lightening of a car as its fuel load decreases.

The steering system directly connects a direct-drive servo motor to the steering shaft, eliminating belts and gears. CXC’s previous system could generate 2 newton meters of physical feedback, but the new one can deliver 16 Nm, enough to mimic the destructive forces of a real-world crash. That is, if the company cranked it up that high.
“If you hit the wall in an Indy Car and don’t take your hands off the wheel, you’ll break your wrists,” says Chris Considine, a former racer and CXC founder. “Our wheel is a one-to-one replication of that, but we don’t turn it up that high. It’s the first time we’ve been able to replicate racing forces so high that it introduces liability questions,” he says with a laugh.

(Maybe it's just me, but I think it's cool as hell they have a racing simulator so accurate they could get sued for hurting you with it.)

Nestled into the driving rig, pilots get a serious physical workout via low-mass motion generators that simulate up to 2 g’s of lateral force. Seat belt tensioners simulate powerful braking forces. Vibration generators pulse through the system’s steering wheel, chassis, pedals and switches, while panoramic video screens and a powerful 5.1 surround sound system fill in the other senses. The Motion Pro II is powered by an Intel Core I7 Extreme Edition.  into a top-level flight simulator as well.

on: May 10, 2015, 07:19 am 
Started by AndyT - Last post by sherp

Yes, that's the one... thanks much @Mike!  I just found a scanned version bit earlier but some text were unreadable (ex. left edge of p.45).  Hope this is better.  Cheers!

on: May 10, 2015, 06:46 am 
Started by AndyT - Last post by Mike
Is this it?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwH6utNespVnREdvSHRERDdnc2s/edit?pli=1

or this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/238935393/gt5-apex-the-exclusive-gran-turismo-magazine#

Been looking for this.  Can someone please share this, as the original link site no longer exists.  Thanks a lot.

on: May 09, 2015, 07:01 am 
Started by AndyT - Last post by sherp
Been looking for this.  Can someone please share this, as the original link site no longer exists.  Thanks a lot.

on: Apr 30, 2015, 06:26 am 
Started by Mike - Last post by Jaywalker
I utterly failed my treadmill stress-test a few days ago. I didn't even get to Phase 2 (3 minutes of walking), which is pretty f***ing bad. The doc looked at the sonogram results

They tried going in through my arm but got stuck, so they went to Plan B and went in through the femoral artery in my groin (no, I'm not gonna show you that picture, lol).

Wow! Glad they saw it when they did & that it was successful & you feel great, Mike! Look after yourself! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help