• Nov 21, 2017, 07:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: playing replay files  (Read 1605 times)

Mr_Miffed

• Race Fanatic
  • lvl 99
    • View Profile
    • Awards
playing replay files
« on: Mar 02, 2013, 03:45 am »

HI guys, im trying to publish some gt5 replays online, whats the best way to open the files up etc, ive got the files onto the pc but im trying to get the things to play , thx =d
Rock'n'Rofl

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
  • One day midgets will rule the world!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: playing replay files
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2013, 03:49 am »

how have you recorded your video? did you drop the replay straight from your PS3 onto your PC or did you do it via a capture card?
PSN:- Stiggypoohs
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

Mr_Miffed

• Race Fanatic
  • lvl 99
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2013, 03:54 am »

ive used a stick to transfer the files, ive learnt that these files need gt5 to render them, so i guess ill need to capture the replay from the game
Rock'n'Rofl

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2013, 03:59 am »

The "replay files" from GT5 are nothing more than a set of instructions for the game to recreate the race. They contain no video information, so you cannot do anything with them apart from load back into GT5.

To create a video of your race, you could record it from the TV using a phonecamera, or similar. This gives the lowest quality, but is quick and cheap.

Next best way (increased quality) is to use a cable to connect the PS3 to a dvd-recorder, then rip the disc on your computer. You can get between 480-576 quality from this method.

The best way, but you will need to spend money, is to buy a "capture card" which goes inbetween your PS3 and your TV, this splits the signal into your computer where you can record the replay at the best quality (depending on how good the card is), max 1080 quality.

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
  • One day midgets will rule the world!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2013, 04:00 am »

yup you can either use a capture card OR if you want it played "at a lower budget" you can hold a digital camera/recorder and record what is being played on your PS3, then make a youtube account and post it on there :)
PSN:- Stiggypoohs
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

Mr_Miffed

• Race Fanatic
  • lvl 99
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2013, 04:09 am »

Thx for the help guys!
Rock'n'Rofl

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ ᴥʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bruggenwirth-fotografie.nl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2013, 01:47 am »

Or send the file over to me and I will capture it for ya with my capture card! Message me if you like.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help