• Oct 16, 2018, 01:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great FGT setup  (Read 9480 times)

BABA-WORM

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Great FGT setup
« on: Feb 17, 2011, 02:58 am »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/941103-gran-turismo-5/57441718

Just tried it and i'd worked for me in the championship <!-- s:D --> :D <!-- s:D -->

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
Re: Great FGT setup
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:37 am »

Copied and pasted here, in case that link breaks or is deleted:

----------

Here's exactly what I used, with some brief commentary.

*Note* I began this with a tuning that's posted all over here and GTPlanet, then tweaked it to my liking. So credit to whomever it is that originally posted that setup.

Tunings
(Everything is left to right the same way it is in the settings menu, this should make it simple)

Aerodynamics: 70, 90

Transmission: 242

LSD: 15, 40, 45

Suspension
Ride Height: -6, -4
Spring Rate: 17.6, 17.3
Dampers Ext: 8, 8
Dampers Comp: 6, 6
Anti-Roll Bar: 7, 7

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle: 2.0, 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.30, -0.20

Brake Balance: 4, 1

Driving Assists *Note*These are more or less crucial to this tuning being worthwhile, although your preferences may be slightly different

Transmission: Auto <---This lets you concentrate purely on your driving line and avoids red-lining due to human error

Tires: Racing Soft

Traction Control: 8 <---Let's you hammer the gas hard at any time, but still accelerate fast enough

Skid Recovery Force: On <---Helps keep skidding in check obviously

Active Steering: Mild <---This is critical. Because the AI turns so sharply, I gave the car's tuning some adjustments towards oversteer. This does let you turn sharp enough to beat the AI, but you need Mild Active Steering to keep the car stable and easy to drive. I wouldn't go to the Strong setting, however, it'll more or less cause you to understeer and make the whole thing pointless.

ABS: 4 <---Gives you a bit of oversteer when you smash the brakes, but not enough to actually spin you out.

Take advantage of the stability you'll have due to all the assists and you should be able to slam that thing around pretty fast once you get used to it. Also, figure out braking, because you can break shockingly late with this setup and have total control. I found that I could use the transmission setting of 242 to always catch up a bit in the straights, then brake late into the turns to pass.

Also, I found that the aforementioned oversteer caused by heaving braking can be used to your advantage. With that Mild Active Steering and ABS, you're so stable that you can basically skid into a corner and wind up facing exactly where you want to much easier than normal. This takes some getting used to though, so be warned.

I know this is pretty long-winded, so hopefully at least one of you is helped out by it lol.

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

littleriver

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2011, 02:32 pm »

This is good information for those who have yet to race this race.
PSN ID : littleriverjagds

BABA-WORM

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:05 am »

Good idea, and yes useful information for "those", ha ha...
I'd "saved" the race as one of my last as I couldn't take the time and concentration that was needed!
But it was much easier with this setup :D

opy211

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2011, 04:50 pm »

This was great, thanks!

opy211

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2011, 10:22 pm »

Is this based on mph or kph?

Quote from: "AndyT"
Copied and pasted here, in case that link breaks or is deleted:

----------

Here's exactly what I used, with some brief commentary.

*Note* I began this with a tuning that's posted all over here and GTPlanet, then tweaked it to my liking. So credit to whomever it is that originally posted that setup.

Tunings
(Everything is left to right the same way it is in the settings menu, this should make it simple)

Aerodynamics: 70, 90

Transmission: 242

LSD: 15, 40, 45

Suspension
Ride Height: -6, -4
Spring Rate: 17.6, 17.3
Dampers Ext: 8, 8
Dampers Comp: 6, 6
Anti-Roll Bar: 7, 7

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle: 2.0, 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.30, -0.20

Brake Balance: 4, 1

Driving Assists *Note*These are more or less crucial to this tuning being worthwhile, although your preferences may be slightly different

Transmission: Auto <---This lets you concentrate purely on your driving line and avoids red-lining due to human error

Tires: Racing Soft

Traction Control: 8 <---Let's you hammer the gas hard at any time, but still accelerate fast enough

Skid Recovery Force: On <---Helps keep skidding in check obviously

Active Steering: Mild <---This is critical. Because the AI turns so sharply, I gave the car's tuning some adjustments towards oversteer. This does let you turn sharp enough to beat the AI, but you need Mild Active Steering to keep the car stable and easy to drive. I wouldn't go to the Strong setting, however, it'll more or less cause you to understeer and make the whole thing pointless.

ABS: 4 <---Gives you a bit of oversteer when you smash the brakes, but not enough to actually spin you out.

Take advantage of the stability you'll have due to all the assists and you should be able to slam that thing around pretty fast once you get used to it. Also, figure out braking, because you can break shockingly late with this setup and have total control. I found that I could use the transmission setting of 242 to always catch up a bit in the straights, then brake late into the turns to pass.

Also, I found that the aforementioned oversteer caused by heaving braking can be used to your advantage. With that Mild Active Steering and ABS, you're so stable that you can basically skid into a corner and wind up facing exactly where you want to much easier than normal. This takes some getting used to though, so be warned.

I know this is pretty long-winded, so hopefully at least one of you is helped out by it lol.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2011, 04:00 am »

I would think it's MPH...  as 242kph isn't very fast!  ;)

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

Iamataff

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2011, 02:18 am »

I did all but one race on Sunday afternoon on default setup. Finished around 13 seconds ahead each time. I paced it out all afternoon so took me around 5 hours.

... Gt crashed on me loading last race ffs !

I ll use this setup to rinse the championship quicker lol.
Thanks.
PM me for Gran Turismo 5 Free Trophy Service. PAL/NTSC
http://gt5cheats.com/forum/index.php?topic=2679.0

Many, many User Trophies acquired -   Thanks GT5cheats :)

brmilltduk

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:05 pm »

Great set up. Helped me getting Gold at Cote D'Azur which was really hard for me. Thanks a lot!

mpumi

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2012, 05:34 am »

242mph=390km/h

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help