• Dec 15, 2018, 06:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GTCRC. Round 8 - Liege F Trial  (Read 3594 times)

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bruggenwirth-fotografie.nl
    • Awards
GTCRC. Round 8 - Liege F Trial
« on: Oct 10, 2011, 07:22 am »

The city is situated in the valley of the Meuse River, near Belgium's eastern borders with the Netherlands and Germany, where the Meuse meets the Ourthe. It is in the former sillon industriel, the industrial backbone of Wallonia. The Liège municipality includes the former communes of Angleur, Bressoux, Chênée, Glain, Grivegnée, Jupille-sur-Meuse, Rocourt, and Wandre.

The city is the principal economic and cultural centre of Wallonia. Liège is, with 194,054 inhabitants as of 1 May 2009, the second most populous city in Wallonia, after Charleroi. The metropolitan area, including the outer commuter zone, covers an area of 1,879 km2 and has a total population of 749,110 as of 1 January 2008. This includes a total of 52 municipalities, a.o. Herstal and Seraing, and ranks as the third most populous in Belgium, after Brussels and Antwerp. And we are going to be racing OUTSIDE of it!

This is a special race for everyone because it's a track none ever raced before. It's because it's a special stage recreated for this competition and it's going to be a one time only stage. So go out there and load those tracks and race on it for some experience!

Liége C trial is a gravel track with long straights and powerbends. But watch out that one tricky corner where you can easily crash into the wall. Good thing PD didn't allow you to go out of the track.. lol!!

It's a fun track when you drive into the sun over the hills but a pain in the ass if you don't focus. The crowd is really exciting to see our racers drive their cars through the gravel and see it all shooting up in the air..

Get your gears all ready for the Belgium Stage around Liége and bring some sweaters with you.. it's cold down here!!

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
  • Come to the geek side. We have Pi.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTCRC. Round 6 - Liege C Trial
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2011, 10:36 am »

Is this track shared on your account? If each one of us tries to generate it with the track editor, it will be slightly different for every person.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot to read the PM you sent. :P
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2011, 03:48 pm »

Hey, Bruggy. I went to download the track, and I only see the Liege F Trail on the list. Is that the right one?

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2011, 03:45 am »

I think I uploaded the wrong one then .. :P Check PM's :)

McD-L-Tyler

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTCRC. Round 6 - Liege F Trial
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:06 pm »

I had a difficult time finding a good rhythm on this track. Incidentally, my best time came on my first lap where I was just knocking into the barriers. As I learned the track my lap times worsened.
PSNs: McD-L-T (main acct) and McBackup (sub-acct)

My Garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/27343

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2011, 09:50 pm »

I tried this one a few days ago, and couldn't finish a lap without crashing. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what I can do. No offense, Bruggy, but this track is evil. Where's the dislike button when you need it. :P

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:54 pm »

Haha... Then it's a "Mission Accomplished!" I never said it was easy guys.. shouldn't be a walk in the park :P

I'll be enjoying this... muhahahaha

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2011, 05:22 pm »

I had a difficult time finding a good rhythm on this track. Incidentally, my best time came on my first lap where I was just knocking into the barriers. As I learned the track my lap times worsened.

Did you have your Mechanical Damage turned on? I Couldn't get around this track without the damage meter lighting up like a Christmas tree. LOL

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2011, 04:07 am »

I made a clean run once... Results in very soon :P

McD-L-Tyler

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:36 am »

Did you have your Mechanical Damage turned on? I Couldn't get around this track without the damage meter lighting up like a Christmas tree. LOL
Yea, damge was on. I didn't notice if it came on or not. I tend to do a settings change every couple of laps, so the damage probably resets. I do remember the car "pulling" to one side at a few times!
PSNs: McD-L-T (main acct) and McBackup (sub-acct)

My Garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/27343

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2011, 02:45 pm »

Hope the next one isn't anything like this. O.o

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help