• Aug 17, 2018, 04:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Your preferrence for the next competition?

Time Trials (as before)
Drifting Trials
Other Idea (Please Post Below)

Author Topic: Your ideas for the next prize competition?  (Read 10273 times)

sirdeuce

• Student Driver
  • MR2-Mister 2-Sirdeuce
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Your ideas for the next prize competition?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:53 am »

Sounds good to me. I try NOT to use the same car as the guys in the top ranking. Makes it more fun for me. But that's just me. As far as the folks that want to try to beat ferooz and the like, how would that work? Limit the time on the 'cheats' comp? Like the first week of the online comp for the 'cheats'? Then continue on for the PS bits?
Old man, old car.

Bruggenwirth

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Driver
  • ʕ ᴥʔ .. Raaawr!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bruggenwirth-fotografie.nl
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 2012, 06:03 pm »

Any idea's on my suggestion Andy?

Jaywalker

• Road King
  • If it's too loud, you're too old...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2012, 12:29 am »

@ sirdeuce - maybe use 2 different accounts?

I'm not big on drifting, but I'm game to give it a go.

brmilltduk

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2012, 08:36 pm »

Voted on TT as before.  8)

sirdeuce

• Student Driver
  • MR2-Mister 2-Sirdeuce
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2012, 11:45 am »

Multiple accounts are just about a must if you plan to collect all the items available to collect. So I already have 3 myself.  So I'm good with that idea.
Old man, old car.

McD-L-Tyler

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: Jul 13, 2012, 03:09 pm »

Well, we can do something with this. Basically run the seasonal drift trials as normal but we specify the car or cars to be used, and people set their scores/ranking that way. If we use PD's leaderboards linked to a competition PSN account (like we're doing for this TimeTrial Competition), then we can see what car's people have used when they've done it.

:D I like the sound of this. :D

Maybe set up a rotation and take turns choosing the cars. (Within reason... I'd still like to be able to gain gold while doing this comp on my main account.)
PSNs: McD-L-T (main acct) and McBackup (sub-acct)

My Garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/27343

JK83

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Jul 13, 2012, 05:08 pm »

O.k. Understood on the problems with limiting cars. Just thought it would be interesting to see a drift competition where an assortment of cars are used. Just a little tired of seeing thed Buick special or TVR Speed 12 every week. Need to find a way to mix it up! There are over a 1,000 cars to choose from. Why not use them all? Yeah, I liked using the go cart in the TT! It was different!
That sounds good and just put TVR12 and Buick on black list, but I think everyone must chose own drift car cos I know that all cars doesn't fit everyones drifting style.One good rule would be you can use same car only two week DT's.So if someone find scoring machine he can use it only once :D                                       

hornet919

• Road Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: Jul 16, 2012, 05:24 am »

Well, we can do something with this. Basically run the seasonal drift trials as normal but we specify the car or cars to be used, and people set their scores/ranking that way. If we use PD's leaderboards linked to a competition PSN account (like we're doing for this TimeTrial Competition), then we can see what car's people have used when they've done it.

Maybe set up a rotation and take turns choosing the cars. (Within reason... I'd still like to be able to gain gold while doing this comp on my main account.)
I agree, we choose our own cars or set our own PP limit, using the seasonal TT rules every two weeks, providing the TT permits any car of course. Also we rotate chooser of car, and the 2J is banned - can't wait for the Midget round !! I also agree that we should throw in the odd DT event, again car choice to be rotated.

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
  • One day midgets will rule the world!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Jul 16, 2012, 07:40 am »

Did someone say "midget?"
I will do that one :D
PSN:- Stiggypoohs
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: Jul 16, 2012, 08:37 am »

I agree, we choose our own cars or set our own PP limit, using the seasonal TT rules every two weeks, providing the TT permits any car of course. Also we rotate chooser of car, and the 2J is banned - can't wait for the Midget round !! I also agree that we should throw in the odd DT event, again car choice to be rotated.

Actually I never even thought about doing a competion using both TT and DT... that could prove interesting! So maybe TT one round, DT next round, or something?

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

sirdeuce

• Student Driver
  • MR2-Mister 2-Sirdeuce
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2012, 10:45 am »

Midget?! I want one in my real garage! How woould the person choosing the car for the DT be chosen? If the comp goes 20 weeks that's 10 rounds. Limited to 10 competitors? 10 weeks is 5 rounds, etc.. Vote on the car? Give the choice to the lowest or highest scoring runner? The DT's are set up by PSN to typically run different level tune cars, two tracks, so different cars should be chosen per track. And, yes, cars should be chosen that would at least get to the gold  trophy( I don't think the midget would do well on the current DT on the Sarthe ). Personally, I'll try any car at least once. Stratos time anyone?
Old man, old car.

JK83

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: Jul 17, 2012, 12:31 pm »

Midget?! I want one in my real garage! How woould the person choosing the car for the DT be chosen? If the comp goes 20 weeks that's 10 rounds. Limited to 10 competitors? 10 weeks is 5 rounds, etc.. Vote on the car? Give the choice to the lowest or highest scoring runner? The DT's are set up by PSN to typically run different level tune cars, two tracks, so different cars should be chosen per track. And, yes, cars should be chosen that would at least get to the gold  trophy( I don't think the midget would do well on the current DT on the Sarthe ). Personally, I'll try any car at least once. Stratos time anyone?
I don't see reason for that everyone must drift same car...can you enjoy drifting crap car 2 weeks?
I bet not  ::)
And car voting etc.. only does it too complicated.
Yes you can gold sarthe with Midget..I just tryed  8)

stiggypoohs

• Administrator
  • Professional Racer
  • One day midgets will rule the world!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: Jul 17, 2012, 03:34 pm »

NEVER mock a midget, they may be small and cute but inside they`ve got a heart of a lion and a roar
of a T rex :)
PSN:- Stiggypoohs
I sometimes lose my sense of direction, you go that way, I`ll go this way... but whatever way we head off into I will meet you in the middle :D

sirdeuce

• Student Driver
  • MR2-Mister 2-Sirdeuce
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: Jul 17, 2012, 05:22 pm »

That wasn't mocking a little person. I really want a Daihatsu Midget!
Old man, old car.

Jaywalker

• Road King
  • If it's too loud, you're too old...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2012, 11:19 pm »

"Stratos time anyone?"

Yes please!!!

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help