• Aug 25, 2019, 11:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Three pics: Two old cars of mine and one GT5 setup  (Read 2653 times)

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Three pics: Two old cars of mine and one GT5 setup
« on: Apr 13, 2013, 12:13 pm »

Second time for this, lost the first message. Grrrr. Anyway, here are three pics. One is of my GT5 setup and the other two are cars that I used to own. One is a '65 Mustang (289 V8 from a '68 Mustang and a '67 auto transmission. The car was originally a Cobra with a 428 V8 and 4 speed but the lady who owned it couldn't drive it like that so she swapped it out. The guy who go the original engine and tranny did the work for free.) and the other is a '65 Volvo 544S (twin SU carbs).
Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
Re: Three pics: Two old cars of mine and one GT5 setup
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2013, 03:59 pm »

Ahhh, ok, now I know what you were talking about earlier.   8)

Was that originally one of those kid's scooter things?

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
  • Come to the geek side. We have Pi.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2013, 04:53 pm »

The car was originally a Cobra with a 428 V8 and 4 speed but the lady who owned it couldn't drive it like that so she swapped it out.

Oh why?! This is a crime against humanity. :'( Still a pretty sweet lookin' car, despite going from a legendary 428 to a 289.
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2013, 08:27 am »

Ahhh, ok, now I know what you were talking about earlier.   8)

Was that originally one of those kid's scooter things?

Yes. I'm looking through the scrap on garbage days to get another one. This isn't perfectly steady on the center axis. It's fine but I hope to find another one to get it better. I have to drive two footed since the post is in the way but not a big deal. Best part was the price! Hahaha. I'm looking for a car seat, too. Sometimes you see them on the curb but I might go up to the wrecking lot and get a cheap one this summer.
Age before beauty.

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2013, 08:30 am »

The car was originally a Cobra with a 428 V8 and 4 speed but the lady who owned it couldn't drive it like that so she swapped it out.

Oh why?! This is a crime against humanity. :'( Still a pretty sweet lookin' car, despite going from a legendary 428 to a 289.

It was sweet, that's for sure. Dual Thrush mufflers made it purr. It would do 110 by the speedometer but only once. If I'd lost it that night I wouldn't be here, that's for sure. Shock towers were rusted out at the front so it would have needed a lot of work if I'd kept it. Bought it for $600 and sold it for $960. Needed the money for uni, not the car. Big regrets here. Hahaha
Age before beauty.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help