• Oct 16, 2018, 01:25 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A real challenge - are you up for it?  (Read 8450 times)

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A real challenge - are you up for it?
« on: Sep 24, 2013, 02:20 pm »

Since we're stuck in limbo waiting for GT6, I've been going back through some of the tougher seasonals. One that is extremely tough, probably impossible, came to mind and I'm here to see if anyone can actually get gold on it. It's back quite a while, January 2013, as a matter of fact. It's called the '380 PP NR-A Roadster Cup'. Cars are Miatas only, whatever iteration you want, comfort soft and max. PP is 380.

The challenge is for London. Times needed to win are around 1:04. I won it back when it was new but it was VERY tough. Since one of the updates, 2.1 I think, when they changed the PP settings, it's become impossible. I can manage 4th, maybe 3rd, with times of 1:07. I'll keep plugging away but the difference at the end of the race is about 13 seconds. At three seconds a lap, which ain't gonna happen, I could just make a win.

Who's up for it? If you win, share the car online so others can use it. I had my original car shared but I've taken it off and I'm trying to win with it. No go...yet. Let's see if anyone else can manage it.
Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
Re: A real challenge - are you up for it?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2013, 03:16 pm »

I'm up for that, will tackle it tomorrow.   8)

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2013, 05:59 pm »

I'm up for that, will tackle it tomorrow.   8)
Got my times down to 1:06 but I was still 9 seconds behind at the end. You'll probably get it the first time but it's a tough one. I know people who almost got it before the update but were totally defeated after it. Good luck!
Age before beauty.

Jaywalker

• Road King
  • If it's too loud, you're too old...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2013, 02:24 am »

I'll have a crack at it tonight...

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2013, 10:21 am »

I'll have a crack at it tonight...
You and Andy should be able to master it, I can't. Then again, it seems that in some seasonals, the more you tune a car, the harder it is to win. I'll try it later with a rock, stock PJ (plain Jane) car and see if the times change. This one was hard when it was new, harder now. Good luck!
Age before beauty.

Jaywalker

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2013, 11:16 pm »

I had a few tries at it & the best I managed was a couple of P2's - 2.3s behind the rabbit car. I was using 2 cars that I still had left from before. I deleted all of my other MX5's & Miatas a good while back, & after last night, I now remember why! LOL! I'll maybe buy a Roadster RS (NC) '07 this evening & do a setup on it & see what happens. I find that if this is the rabbit car, you may as well go out & start the event over again.

I can put the P2 car on share in the meantime, if you like...

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2013, 02:01 am »

Have finally set aside some time tonight to get started on this   8)

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2013, 11:52 am »

Done it, won by only 0.8 second though with a very scruffy race (clonked a few barriers)

Car on share, replay saved if you want it to upload?

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2013, 11:58 am »

I had a few tries at it & the best I managed was a couple of P2's - 2.3s behind the rabbit car. I was using 2 cars that I still had left from before. I deleted all of my other MX5's & Miatas a good while back, & after last night, I now remember why! LOL! I'll maybe buy a Roadster RS (NC) '07 this evening & do a setup on it & see what happens. I find that if this is the rabbit car, you may as well go out & start the event over again.

I can put the P2 car on share in the meantime, if you like...
I did the same thing, bought lots of them for this event, won it and deleted many. The rabbit does make a difference but I wonder if the car you enter affects the AI's cars. I haven't done an analysis of this but maybe I will keep track, just to see.
I'll borrow Andy's and see what I can do with it but I'm pretty sure P3 is as good as I'll get. Thanks! If I want to try it, I'll PM you online.
Age before beauty.

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2013, 12:01 pm »

Done it, won by only 0.8 second though with a very scruffy race (clonked a few barriers)

Car on share, replay saved if you want it to upload?
Wow, good for you. I'll try your car but I won't expect miracles. By any chance do you remember the rabbit car(s). Sometimes the leaders are way out in front, other times the lead pack is pretty much bunched up. Jay says the '07 dealer car is unbeatable but maybe it only comes up with certain cars that you or I would use, know what I mean? I've always thought that the AI changes according to what you show up with but I don't have proof. You won and hit a few barriers? Even more wow since I can't get to the lead on a clean run. Remember your times per laps?
Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2013, 12:13 pm »

Just played the replay back, lead car was Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package 89), second place car was Mazda Roadster 1600 NR-A (NB) 04

Lap times:

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2013, 12:52 pm »

I remember that I knocked the lead car out on the last corner. I used him instead of my brakes. Hahaha.
Good times, Andy. I'll see what I can do but I guarantee I won't come close. I did get a first lap under 1:08 yesterday but none down to even 1:05. I'll let you know, yay or nay.
Age before beauty.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2013, 12:58 pm »

Try the car... it's geared correctly for London. I had to make a few tweaks to adjust for the new PP range since the last time we ran this particular seasonal, but aside from gearbox and a couple of engine part switches, the rest remained as is.

Can send you the replay if it helps...?

Jaywalker

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Sep 26, 2013, 11:33 pm »

My best last night was 2nd by 0.2s! Was I p1ssed!  ;D  I was tired & it was also a very scruffy race. Should crack it tonight & I'll also put the car on share, Gonna try Andys car as well...

waddy2001

• Trusted Traders
  • Road King
  • Can't touch this.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2013, 11:46 am »

Try the car... it's geared correctly for London. I had to make a few tweaks to adjust for the new PP range since the last time we ran this particular seasonal, but aside from gearbox and a couple of engine part switches, the rest remained as is.

Can send you the replay if it helps...?
Yes, the replay would help. I don't know how you'd send it but I'd love to see it. I never really get to see your driving style, seeing as how you're usually at the front! hahaha. Seriously, though, it would help. I have given up on it, more or less. My best times are 1:06, one lap of 1:05 but still 9 seconds off the pace. I tried changing the top speed on one of my cars but made things worse. I was playing with the turbos and supercharger as well as ABS low or high. It's only a minute or so around and you know by the end of the second lap if your tuning is going anywhere so it's fun to mess with the settings.
Thanks Andy. The replay will be fun to see.
Age before beauty.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help