• Nov 19, 2018, 09:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 4869 times)

schlep16

• Road King
  • GT5 addict since 16th of December 2010
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey guys
« on: Nov 17, 2014, 05:50 pm »

I think this must be the first post ive made all year.
I played GT6 for about 2 months. I made about 20% progress and got bored.
Very very disappointing game, then again nothing can compete with GT5 and the amount of hours and dedication i put into it, aswell as the friends i made along the way.
Little bit bout me, I do IT (info tech) at a University in Sydney, Aus. Im about to complete my first year. I turn 20 in Jan. I joined this forum when i was probably 16.

Thats about it.

Mike

• Some Dood
  • Administrator
  • Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:02 pm »

I've heard mostly uninspiring things about GT6 since it came out...I think a lot of people were expecting more from the game, and of course there was a lot of hype too...so my feeling is that it was a letdown for a lot of players.

Is that what you guys experienced, more or less?

I think this must be the first post ive made all year.
I played GT6 for about 2 months. I made about 20% progress and got bored.
Very very disappointing game, then again nothing can compete with GT5 and the amount of hours and dedication i put into it, aswell as the friends i made along the way.
Little bit bout me, I do IT (info tech) at a University in Sydney, Aus. Im about to complete my first year. I turn 20 in Jan. I joined this forum when i was probably 16.

Thats about it.
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2014, 05:48 am »

The course creator was the biggest hype, and they STILL haven't (and probably never will) release it, if it was ever really in production at all.  No b-spec to make easy money to encourage you to race a-spec more (since you can use the b-spec money to buy cars for a-spec.)

schlep16

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:13 pm »

I went back on after not playing for 7 months.
It was actually goood fun, I won't lie. But you get no money from each race, its kinda sh**. Plus the races in Aspec arent as memorable as the ones in Aspec in GT5.
They give u an X2014 (well, u have to win it) you cant even use it in Aspec because of PP.
As forward as GT6 is, its very backwards.

Btw:

Anyone know if there is a gt6 garage editor, like the gt5 one?

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:46 am »

They exist, but you have to jailbreak the PS3 and PD just rolled out a new warning that is banning entire consoles for hacking the game and playing online.  Of course the GTPlanet guys love this since they are so "hackers should die" over there, but those of us who actually like building our own cars without the Emporer Obama...... I mean Kaz telling us what we can and cannot do with a product we BOUGHT AND OWN are no fans.

I never updated GT5 after hacking was phased out with an update, so I still have all my old GT5 stuff that is so much fun.

Mike

• Some Dood
  • Administrator
  • Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:17 am »

I never updated GT5 after hacking was phased out with an update, so I still have all my old GT5 stuff that is so much fun.

Yeah...the overriding sense I've gotten is that Gran Turismo 6 has jumped the shark. :(

schlep16

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 am »

Ya, i never updated my GT5 either. Its pretty good in that sense. Still have my Mazda mx5 that goes 2000kmh lol.
Wish Bathurst was on GT5 then id be happy.
To me GT6 is the exact same. With the added extra of new supercars.
Other than that, its identical. If not worse.

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:28 am »

It's worse, no doubt.  Much less incentive to race the same thing over and over since the payouts are so low, which I guess they did to make you log in everyday to get the bonus.  And WAYYYYYY too much clock racing, especially with the seasonals.  Unless you're a drifter or are a perfect driver, there is little reason to do the seasonals.  Even the TRUE races they have every couple of weeks have penalties enabled so it's all by the book.  I literally play more of Need For Speed Most Wanted than GT6, because at least there they let you race however you want, and that whole "ram cop cars" thing...

schlep16

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:47 pm »

Its just a bombshell of a game, which is a shame because its ruined that GT community.
I have myself hooked on my PS2 Emulator and older racing games. Bringing back the nostalgia with NFS HP 3. Been playing some NFS HP2, SSX 3, James Bond Nightfire, GTA.
Ive been playing GT4. GT4 is honestly the best game, its basically GT5 but for PS2 with drag racing and NOS.
If you have a pretty decent computer, get your hands on a PS2 emulator, it brings on some feels tho.

Mike

• Some Dood
  • Administrator
  • Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2014, 09:27 am »

I'm curious, are the other GT5/6 sites also seeing a lack of activity? I don't look at the other forums or sites so I'm curious if interest in the game has dropped all over. (??)

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:13 am »

GTplanet stays pretty active.  Mostly the purists glad that they ban consoles for hackers and loving the stupid drifting races.  And a whole lot of "where's b-spec"  "where's course creator"  "kaz sucks" posts.......

Outeke

• Elite Driver
  • GT5 Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Dead
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2014, 05:13 am »

hey hey,

Yeah GT6 kinda got me bored after a few months, platinum was rather easy to accomplish....
And we call Gt6 actually GT5.5, as it is a stripped down version :(

About the editor, there is only a CFW editor available, so if you want to 'play' around, you have to get yourself a modified console.

I really hope GT7 (+PS4) will be great, but I'll only buy it after I've reviewed different forums about it.

@Mike, yes, GTPlanet and NGU are still active in that way...

I do NOT have a problem driving GT5!
It's just others get in my way around corners!
Aka Stiggy, Po, Lala and Tinkywinky

MN6WS6

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2014, 03:18 pm »

I agree on GT7.  They would have to throw down a MASSIVE bonus for preorder to hook me again.  I still say that people that have bought the game previously should have instant access to all cars and races straight out of the box with a huge bankroll to buy what they want, especially after all the grinding we all did in GT5!!

schlep16

• Road King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2015, 07:43 pm »

I really do wonder how they will make GT7 good. Hopefully they take a look at previous succesful racing games, such as NFS U2, GT3/4, and whatever else and adapt.
I didn mind the grinding in GT5. Made it fun.

Mike

• Some Dood
  • Administrator
  • Racing Legend
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2015, 07:52 am »

I think a lot of people are hoping like hell that GT7 is a winner...most of what I read about GT6 are complaints regarding various changes, so maybe they'll listen to the people that play the game and fix things up. Keeping my fingers crossed...

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help