• Sep 24, 2017, 07:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nascar thoughts  (Read 4275 times)

cibie

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nascar thoughts
« on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:54 am »

Hi
do's anybody else think the nascar challenge is just a touch to dirty from the computer drivers?.
i love stock car racing and i have nailed gold in all the nascar challeges with ease except that last oval challenge 10 laps were you have to drought to win.
everything seems to be going good and i get to the last lap and its like i have a target painted on me arse saying hit me lol.
so dam frustraited as the cars tuned to the max and i cant see anyway i can pull an advantage to beat them and get out of harms way.
anybody got any tips apart from stay at the back until close to the end and then go for it.
ps
anybody got a big hammer lol  :lol:

spooky_slasher

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nascar thoughts
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:54 am »

+1

The Nascar oval races seriously suck. I also think it's a bit dirty for AI

Rhubino

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:03 pm »

I'm a little surprised that, as far as real world American courses go, Infinion was dropped in favour of Laguna Seca. Infinion is part of the NASCAR season after all, and then, at least, three of the five courses in the NASCAR series would have been legit.

ScottyBoy

• Racing Legend
  • Come to the geek side. We have Pi.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:39 pm »

Quote from: "cibie"
Hi
do's anybody else think the nascar challenge is just a touch to dirty from the computer drivers?.
i love stock car racing and i have nailed gold in all the nascar challeges with ease except that last oval challenge 10 laps were you have to drought to win.
everything seems to be going good and i get to the last lap and its like i have a target painted on me arse saying hit me lol.
so dam frustraited as the cars tuned to the max and i cant see anyway i can pull an advantage to beat them and get out of harms way.
anybody got any tips apart from stay at the back until close to the end and then go for it.
ps
anybody got a big hammer lol  :lol:

Totally hearing you on this one. I must have tried that one 20 times, and someone always spun me around.
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))

munk_madness

• Race Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2010, 04:53 pm »

the AI has always been a flaw in the GT series

Rhubino

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:30 am »

It's pretty rushy running the American Championship 5-lap Indianapolis race in a Sprint Cup Car (I bought Montoya's #42). I don't use the brakes - it's all about timing the shifts 3 to 4, 4 to 3, knowing where to let off the gas, and drafting. I ran it yesterday and crossed the finish line with 3 Ford GTs dogging my tail, without making a single contact with another car or the wall for the five laps. Plus, it pays over $90,000 for 5 minutes of fun - a million bucks an hour.

AndyT

• Professional Roadhog
  • Global Moderator
  • Professional Racer
  • Drive hard or drive home!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=9269
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:57 am »

Yeah... but it's not *proper* racing, is it?    :P  :P  :P  :lol:

(Just joking)

My GT5 Garage contains http://www.mygranturismo.net/9269

Rhubino

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:48 pm »

Quote from: AndyT
Yeah... but it's not *proper* racing, is it?    :P  :P  :P  :lol:

Haha, I know ... but - considering the motley mix - street, GT class race cars, Le Mans class race cars etc are all in the mix (not exactly proper either), I figure throwing in a Sprint car is kosher. And it makes a cool replay.

Rhubino

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:49 pm »

Haha, I know ... but - considering the motley mix - street, GT class race cars, Le Mans class race cars etc are all in the mix (not exactly proper either), I figure throwing in a Sprint car is kosher. And it makes a cool replay.

Rhubino

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:50 pm »

Oops - sorry for the double post.

ThunderPigg

• Student Driver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:59 am »

If you don't want to get shoved out of the way by the guy behind you on the last lap, you gotta pay much attention to your rearview mirror.  When you see the next guy is just about to hit you, move your car up or down as necessary to be sure the guy hits you in the middle of your back bumper.  That way instead of spinning you out, the guy gives you a free speed boost.

I realize that bump drafting seems somewhat dirty to those of you that are more used to sportscar racing, but it's part of the game in NASCAR superspeedway racing.

I'm glad they added a taste of NASCAR in GT5, but really that's all it is.....just a taste.  Far from a representative sample.  

Any of you Europeans or Asians who want to get a better sense of what NASCAR is all about, stay tuned.  In February a new NASCAR gen 3 game will be released.  I urge you to check out "NASCAR 2011: The Game" from eutechnyx/activision.  Google it....great trailers available.  It features ALL NASCAR Sprint Cup tracks (and NO fantasy tracks), All races have a full 43 car field.  All 43 cars are REAL cars and drivers, not just a handful of the more popular star drivers and the rest are generic clones.  No two cars are exactly alike.  The cars are so highly detailed that the interior shots of each one is actually modeled from the real car.  Also the AI of each car is actually modeled after the real driving style of that driver!  Example:  The 18 Kyle Busch car is aggressive, the 48 Jimmie Johnson car is consistantly smooth. The 7 Kevin Conway car usually puts around in the back of the pack, clogging up traffic.  etc., etc.

In GT5 I like to race my #18 at Trial Mountain but I don't like having to pass three other 18s, three 24s, two 42s and a handfull of 88s.  Drag there is no 14 or 11.  Oh well.

-ThunderPigg

Floor it, turn left, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again, floor it again, turn left again...repeat as necessary.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesdeath psychic!mad triviaatheismfunny picturesmodern war!pregnancy testshape testdivorce help