Hmm... i just figured this cool thing out the other day, and it makes me wonder how many people actually know about it? The manual doesnt explain it very well (if at all), and i figured id put this out there just in case some dont know. ^_^ Ok, i dont know about you guys, but i get tired of gran turismo's notorious elevator music real quick. But wait, u can set gt5 to play your own music! : D Here is a list of steps you need to do:
1. Upload music to your ps3's harddrive from your computer (i used a flashdrive)
2. create a playlist for gt5's menu, and a playlist for gt5's races, adding any songs of any length.
3. go to ur gt5 home screen, and click on the music button. (indicated by a small music note)
4. once you pull this up, there will be three tabs on the left, one labeled "race bgm", and another labeled "menu bgm" will be found there.
5. click on either of these tabs, and the list of songs gt5 normally plays will be shown here.
6. there will be three buttons in the lower portion of the window, one of them looks like a small gear, or cog, labled "settings" click on that.
7.there will be 3 buttons, in a new window that pops up. i cant remember exactly what they say, but one says "default music", and another says personal "bgm music", and one more button labeled "select personal bgm music folder" or something like that. click on the selct music button.
8. click on the playlist (according to where you are setting the music)
9. play any song ( make sure you set it to shuffle ^_^) and it will continually play all of the songs in the playlist folder forever in gt5
no more elevator tunes
10. make sure you when u make ur selstion, to click the other button labeled "personal bgm music" before backing out
11. Your all set with ur custom tunes 8-)
Remember, u can set this for races, the menu, and slideshows... i was in a hurry to type this up, so any questions, post and ill be willing to answer